STUDENT SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
The Wisconsin Broadcasters Association Foundation offers two $2,000 scholarships and two $1,000 scholarships to assist students enrolled in broadcasting-related educational programs at Public or Private Colleges/Universities, Broadcast/Media Schools and Wisconsin Technical Colleges. Students who meet eligibility requirements are encouraged to apply for these scholarships. The deadline for application is Friday, October 14, 2016, and all applications must be received by the WBA office by this date.
- Students who have completed at least one-half of their degree or graduation requirements in a broadcast or broadcast-related course of study are eligible to apply. Applicants must be attending a Higher Educational Institution in Wisconsin that has been designated as eligible by the WBA Foundation Board. To see if your school is eligible, please click here.
- Applicants must have a Wisconsin connection in that they must have either graduated from a Wisconsin high school or attend a Wisconsin college or university.
- Applicants must be planning a career in radio or television broadcasting.
- Previous WBA scholarship winners are not eligible.
- All applicants must complete the WBA Foundation Scholarship Application Form
NOTE: Application is a Fillable PDF form, which may be incompatible with some browser settings. Please save the form to your computer and open in Acrobat Reader to complete.
- All applicants must submit the following materials:
- Completed application form;
- Current copy of OFFICIAL transcript of college/university grades;
- Two brief letters of recommendation supporting the application;
- An original essay written by the applicant forecasting what the broadcasting industry will be like in five years, and how the applicant believes he or she will contribute to radio or television during that time; the essay must be typed or word processed (double-spaced) and should not exceed three pages in length.
- All application materials must be received by Friday, October 14, 2016.
Mail completed materials to:
44 East Mifflin Street, Suite 900
Madison, WI 53703