The Wisconsin Broadcasters Association Foundation offers two $2,000 scholarships and two $1,000 scholarships. Students who meet the following eligibility requirements are encouraged to apply for these scholarships.
- Students who have completed at least one-half of their degree or graduation requirements in a broadcast or broadcast-related course of study are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must be attending a higher educational institution in Wisconsin that has been designated as eligible by the WBA Foundation Board. To see if your school is eligible, check out the approved school list below.
- Applicants must have a Wisconsin connection in that they must have either graduated from a Wisconsin high school or attend a Wisconsin college or university.
- Applicants must be planning a career in radio or television broadcasting.
- Previous WBA scholarship winners are not eligible. All applications must be received in the WBA Office by 5 PM on Friday, October 16, 2015. Applications received after 5 PM on Friday, October 16, 2015 will NOT be valid.
The WBA Education Committee, and the stations that use the scholarship menu option for EEO credit, will screen all applications. The final determinations for scholarships will be made by a vote of the WBA Foundation Board of Directors.
The WBA has sent information, application forms, and publicity flyers to all four-year colleges/universities and two-year technical colleges in Wisconsin, as well as all radio and television member stations.
The scholarships will be awarded at the WBA’s Student Seminar on Saturday, February 27, 2016 at the Madison Marriott West Hotel in Middleton. More information on the Student Seminar will be available later this year.